you think you are a victim of domestic abuse, you are not alone.
Does your partner:
- Track all of your time?
- Constantly accuse you of being unfaithful?
- Discourage you from having relationships
with family or friends?
- Prevent you from working or going
- Criticize you for little things or
blame you for everything that goes wrong?
- Anger easily when using drugs or alcohol?
- Control your finances and force you
to account for the money you spent?
- Make fun of you or humiliate you
in front of others?
- Destroy your property or sentimental
items? (Criminal Mischief)*
- Threaten to harm you or your children?
- Hit, punch, kick or bite you or your
children? (Simple Assault)*
- Use or threaten to use a weapon against
you? (Criminal Threatening)*
- Force you to have sex against your
will? (Sexual Assault)*
- Scare you in ways which can actually
cause injury? (Reckless
- Physically or by threat prevent you
from leaving your home, car, etc.? (Interfering with Freedom)*
- Break into your private home, office,
etc? (Unauthorized Entry)*
- Call or harass you in a way which
causes concern for your safety? (Harassment)*
*It is Against
the Law to do these things in the State of New Hampshire
and many other States in the USA.
If you answer yes to any, it is time
to reach out to others for help.
A good place to ask questions is the
Monadnock Center for
Violence Prevention, 603-352-3782. You can call them 24
hours a day and someone will get back to you to answer any
It is important to confide in someone
you trust. If you have a friend or relative who cares about
your safety, tell them about the abuse. Sharing a burden with
someone often makes it feel lighter. If you have left an abusive
relationship and are feeling lonely and are tempted to return
- talk about it with a friend who knows the situation.
Don't do something, or get talked into
doing something, that you don't feel good about. You are the
only one who knows what is right and safe for you. You are
the only one who knows if you're ready to leave your relationship.
You are not alone.
You are not alone.