Most abusers exhibit a behavioral pattern
that is described as a cycle of violence. This cycle has three
For some people Phase One
- Increased tension
Phase Two is the battering.
It may include...
- Use of objects as weapons
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal threats and abusive behaviors
Phase Three is the calm phase,
often referred to as the "Honeymoon Phase". The
- Deny the violence
- Use excuses for the violence
- Apologize and promise that it will never
- Try to compensate with material gifts and/or
Phase Three may decrease
or disappear over time.